Convert Sony MXF to DNxHD MOV, Edit Sony PMW-200 MXF footage in Avid on Mac
The Sony PMW-200 XDCAM HD422 Camcorder is the successor to Sony's well respected PMW-EX1/R camcorder. It supports the 50 Mbps MPEG HD422 codec and MXF recording. The PMW-200 is equipped with three 1/2" Full HD 1920 x 1080 Exmor CMOS sensors, which support 1000 TV1 high resolution, F11 (2000 lx) high sensitivity, low 56dB noise and a wide dynamic range. It works for SD/HD recording and features a 14x zoom lens with a unique focus ring mechanism.
- Three 1/2" Exmor CMOS Sensors
- Fujinon Lens with 14x Zoom Ratio
- 50 Mbps MPEG HD422 recording as MXF files (UDF mode only)
- HD422 1080p up to 50/60fps
- NTSC, NTSC(J), and PAL Region Support
- Four Channels of 16-bit Audio
- Articulated LCD with 852x480 Resolution
- Timecode & Genlock Input
- Cache Recording Up to 15 Seconds
- Dual ExpressCard SxS Memory Card Slots
MXF is a self-container format which is unacceptable by various non-linear editing systems (NLE), like Final Cut Pro (FCP 6/7/X), Sony Vegas, Avid Media Composer, Premiere, etc. If you want to edit Sony PMW-200 MXF footage in Avid, you will encounter problems when importing to Avid, due to the incompatible codec. In order to import the MXF footage from Sony PMW-200 to Avid, the easy workaround is to convert MXF files to Avid native formats. Here, we highly recommend UFUWare MXF Converter for Mac, which is a smart tool designed to convert Sony PMW-200 MXF videos to DNxHD MOV Codec on Mac.
Free download the top MXF Converter:
1. Install and run the UFUWare MXF Converter for Mac as the Sony MXF to Avid Converter for Mac, click "Add Video" button to add Sony PMW-200 MXF footage to the converter, or directly drag and drop the Sony PMW-200 MXF footage to it.
2. Click the "Profile" option to select "Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD 1080p(*.mov)" or "Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD 720p(*.mov)" as output format from the drop-down menu list.
3. Hit "Settings" button to customize advanced audio and video parameters like video codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, sample rate, audio channels.
4. Press "Convert" button to convert Sony PMW-200 MXF to DNxHD MOV for Avid on Mac.
When the Sony MXF to DNxHD MOV conversion completed, just click "Open Folder" to get the converted DNxHD MOV files. Now, you can import and edit Sony PMW-200 MXF footage in Avid Media Composer on Mac freely.